Air plants are the perfect easy-peasy plant for decor! Air plants, called Tillandsias, are very simple to care for due to their hardy nature. These plants are the best fit for people who are looking for a low-maintenance option for a house plant, as they require less attention than conventional indoor plants. Here are a few easy tips to take care of your air plant!
- In humid environments, simply mist your tillandsia every few days.
- Filtered light is best for air plants- don’t place in dark areas, or bright areas that directly expose them to sunshine.
- Keep your tillandsia in an area that will not expose them to frost. Warm temperatures are best.
- In dry areas, soak the plant in water for 2-3 hours every 2 weeks.
- In a unheated or dark area, mist to soak 2x a month in the summer, 1x a month in the winter.
- Add a small amount of Bromeliad or Orchid fertilizer to your mister to help provide fertilizer to your airplant.
Right now at My Fresh Basket, we have a variety of air plants available for sale! Perfect for your desk, dorm room, or the house, these little plants are the easiest way to bring a pop of green into you indoor spaces.
For more information and facts about tillandsia and their care, check out the following source: